On Tuesday Morning our group session is Attention Autism which is an intervention developed by speech and language therapist Gina Davis.
Aims of Attention Autism
- To engage attention
- To improve joint attention
- To develop shared enjoyment in group activities
- To increase attention in adult-led activities
- To encourage spontaneous interaction in a natural group setting
- To increase non-verbal and verbal communication through commenting
- To build a wealth and depth of vocabulary
- To have fun!
On Tuesday afternoons, we work on our reading skills and our fine motor skills reading simple photo recipes and using tools to create some yummy treats in the cookery room.