All teachers should link curriculum learning with careers.
Some ideas to engage your classes with careers are as follows:-
· Discuss careers linked to specific parts of your curriculum —use this website to help you https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/explore-careers
· Set a homework task to research different careers related to your subject.
· Browse and use the careers lesson inserts on the world of work website—https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/lesson-inserts
· Utilise STEM careers resources— https://www.stem.org.uk/resources
· Take into account growth industries in the Liverpool City Region—https://growthplatform.org/sectors/
Request support from your Careers Leader / Enterprise Coordinator to bring in a guest speaker to talk to students about careers or to deliver part of a lesson. The STEM Ambassador Programme or Inspiring the Future can support with this
Take a look at the Gatsby Benchmark 4 Toolkit
Visit the Forum Talent Potential website to view case studies about employer-linked curriculum projects