GOLD FOR MEREFIELD!! OUTSTANDING SPORTING ACHIEVMENT IN 2018-2019
We are delighted to announce that we, Merefield School, have achieved the School Games GOLD Mark Award for the 2018/19 academic year. The School Games Mark is a Government led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success.
Our sporting achievements this year include:
* Weekly session with Everton in the Community coaches;
* numerous competitions with the Greenbank Sports academy;
* Panathlon success at Merseyside, Regional and National level, involving a trip to London for the Swimming finals!
* 4 Sports Leader have been coached by EiTC to support our younger pupils in PE;
* Recognition of our achievements through Sefton Sports awards and the Greenbank Academy for Primary and Secondary teams of the year.
With a large number of young people competing in local, regional and national inter-school competitions this year, we are extremely proud of our pupils for their dedication to all aspects of school sport, including those young volunteers, leaders and officials who made our competitions possible. As part of our application, we were asked to fulfil criteria in the areas of participation, competition, workforce and clubs, and we are pleased that the hard work of everyone at our school has been rewarded this year.
A special thanks to: Katy Calder, John Rice, Jo Sharpe and the Merefield staff for their ongoing commitment to PE. Thanks also to Steve Sullivan and Tony Weymouth for providing us with fantastic opportunities to compete against other schools.
We look forward to applying once again in 2020!